Monday, July 10, 2006

Atlantic Jewel

This morning I woke up thinking 'I need a new project'. What that really translates into is: 'I need a newer and more interesting UFO'. I should have gone to sleep for a little longer and woken up with a different thought, but here I am thinking about what I'd like to work on.

I was looking though my photos on the computer, and saw this picture of a block I sent to Linda a few years ago. We had swapped some blocks, no specific number, and no specific plan, and I haven't done anything with those blocks either ... but I really like the look of this block. I'm thinking I'll start making some!

The block is called Atlantic Jewel, and it's from Jinny Beyer's website. I'm thinking about using my reproduction stash, but I think it would look even better in brights.

Today I also have to visit the quilt store. I need to purchase a backing fabric to go on the quilt which is for the magazine. I don't really feel like piecing a back this time, as the quilt needs to be in Sydney with the instructions written in about 3 weeks time. It sounds like plenty of time, but 2 of those weeks are school holidays, so I have no idea how much actual time I'm going to have. I'm going to be focused, and just get what I need ... nothing else ... charge in, buy backing, head down and out again. Good thing I have to take the kids with me ... they don't like to loiter, unless it's in a toy store ...

7 comments:

Patti said...

Neat block - go for it!

Joyce said...

THat block would look fantastic in brights. If it's large enough it would look great in the middle of a medalion quilt.

Linda C said...

Sounds like having the kids along will strengthen your resolve to get in and get out.

I keep running into the same friend the few times I run into Hancock's. She knows I live closer to the shop than she does. She said something to the effect "you must live here!" but far from it. The girls that work there had to vouch for me when I said I hadn't been there in some time. Maybe once a month is all and almost always it is for backing fabric. I go there with every intention of dashing in and dashing out.

quiltpixie said...

Hope the kids help with your resolve... The "helpful clerks" are anything but when your trying not to buy more I find :-)

Bonnie said...

Wonderful block - my favorite colors!

Anonymous said...

LOL- you have me laughing out loud at the "new and more interesting UFO" comment! That's me, too...

Good luck getting your back done in time :-)

Lucy said...

This block is so perfect in repro's .. !! Keep going on like this . I love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails