Friday, November 17, 2006

Sock it to me!

Now, I was able to knit before, and I've knitted a few somewhat tricky things, but I've never knitted on four needles before, so I was really nervous about tackling a sock. After seeing so many people knitting up lovely socks, I just knew it was something I had to try.

This is a much simpler sock than something that the Yarn Harlot would take on, but I'm super proud of myself so far. I'm nowhere near working thru the heel yet, but I have a buddy who has promised to help me with it so I don't tear my hear out.

This sock is from a pattern I purchased from a local store called the Knitting Nook, and the actual sock is longer than most that I've seen online. The leg part of the sock is 12" long, so I thought it would be a fun one to do. I hope I don't get bored half way, but I'm going to maximise the use of this ball of yarn. It's a really nice 4 ply sock wool, and I love the way it works the pattern out, hubby is just fascinated by it! I'm not using the wool that I got from the craft fair, that will be for my next project ... so I should be all set until around 2008!

Forgive the quality of the photo today, I was just too darn lazy to work with the camera today, so I played with the phone instead. There is not much left of this morning, so I may knit a little until lunchtime, then after lunch do a few chores before pinning the Winchester quilt this afternoon. Well, that's the plan ... let's see how I go ...

5 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Tazzie, *VBS*, I love the looks of the sock you have begun. Looks like you are doing a great job with the four needles.
It's really not so bad or hard to knit with 4(as you are finding out) because two of them are always just acting as stitch holders til you get to them.
Just be careful to push the stitches back on the needle completed, so you don't lose any off the ends..*VBS*
I love knitting socks...it's another thing that seems to connect me to the women who went before us. Hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

alot of folks knitting lately - guess it is knitting weather
love the yarn
juliann

Bonnie said...

Tazzie - My Internet service has been out for a while now, so I am commenting on your last three posts....Your Winnie the Pooh quilt is wonderful - I love the borders! The mug and mug mat are so cute and such a nice thoughtful gift. And I love your knitted sock and admire you for giving it a try.

Susan said...

That's very pretty yarn. I can't handle 2 needles, so I'd never make 4. =)

Sheila said...

I bought this very yarn during a de-stressing trip from work the other day! I just love how it works up. I've never knit socks before, or on 4/5 needles either, and it's a slow process for me. You are MUCH quicker it seems. Very pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails