Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Close Up & Movie

Just a quick post this morning. I only have a few minutes up my sleeve before we run out the door. I'm taking Amy to the Plaster Fun House again these holidays. My friends girls just love it there, so we're meeting up with them shortly.

Here is a close up picture of one of the feathered wreaths. When I'm actually looking at the wreath itself I can see my bumpy stitching where I have to double back over some parts of the feathers, but it just doesn't show up in the pictures. Feel free to click on the picture and critique it :-) But I am super happy with my first efforts, and it was easier as I went along and got a rhythm going. I quilted away again last night and ran entirely out of the thread I'm using in the bobbin, so I will need to get some more before I can start up again.

The movie last night was wonderful. A Night at the Museum is what we decided could be Cam's first movie experience, and he enjoyed it ... but there were some parts that were perhaps a little grown up for him. Only because they were setting the story and it really didn't interest him, so he got a bit fidgety. Once the action started, he was transfixed! The older kids loved it, and I'd definitely recommend it!

Better dash, I have 10 mins to put my face on and be in the car! Have a great day everyone!

12 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm thinking of putting some kind of feathers on my butterfly wings so I'm interested to see how well your first attempt turned out. If I can do even half as well I will be happy.

Ms. Jan said...

OK, I'm jealous! I'm such a newbie machine quilter and hope I can get this good someday!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Glad you had fun at the movies. And I think your feathers look wonderful! Your doing way better than I did on my first tries!

Cynthia said...

your quilting always looks great. I'm hoping to improve on my machine quilting this year.

We went to see Night at The Museum last week at Gold Class. DH was given two tickets from his work Social Club and then we bought a ticket for Simone so she could come along. It was the first time she had been to Gold Class and she enjoyed it so much. Another fun movie we saw was Happy Feet. Have you seen that one yet?

May Britt said...

If this is your first attempt on te feathered wreaths I envie you. I cannot imagine me doing this one so pretty at my first time. I would like to make a try. Did you trace the pattern first or how did you do it????

Anonymous said...

Feathers are my favourite - make any quilt look great! Your first attempt is just excellent :-)

Ali Honey said...

I think you have done a fabulous job.

Angie said...

YOu have done a fantastic job, girly, and you are such an inspiration! Hugs, Angie

Bonnie said...

Even up close, I STILL think you did a fabulous job.

Pam said...

Boy - looks perfect to me. Machine quilting on a large or medium quilt is hard on the arms and neck - moving all the layers arounds such a small space. You really have done a great job.

Samantha said...

the feathered wreaths look great. We're all dying to see night at the Museum, so glad to hear you liked it!

Patti said...

Even close up it looks terrific! Remember we are our own worse critics. Why do quilters always jump to point out the errors when people compliment our work? I'm as bad as the rest, but I've been trying to get better. One would never know this was your first attempt - even close up!

1chartfp@comcast.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails