Thursday, October 18, 2007

Christmas Wreath

This project is so cute I just had to share. Pauline, who is one of the girls from class had made this wreath recently. I don't know much about the pattern or the technique, but it's called Snippets. The girls had the book (I'm sorry, but I don't remember the name to attribute the pattern to) and were oooohing and aaaahing over it, and I have to say I can understand why. It looks really cute, and would be a wonderful way to use up those scraps. Can you imagine it in Autumn colours too?

Pauline asked if I would stipple on the project for her so it could be finished up. Of course I'm always happy to do it. She had her first go at stippling yesterday on some leftover fabric and batt, and decided that perhaps this won't be the first thing she quilts on ... I can understand her thinking, it does take a little practice ... I remember very well when I first started quilting, and I'm still nervous when I try new things.

I'm off to the quilt store again in around an hour. I have some students again today, and if I have the opportunity I would like to get working on the Sunbonnet Sue quilt again. It's so close to completion, it would be nice to get it done.

That's it from me ... have a great day :-)

10 comments:

QuiltMom said...

Hi Tazzie,
The author that you are looking for is a woman named Cindy Walters who has written a book called "Snippets Sensations" and another one called "More Snippet Sensations." The technique is lots of fun - you put the fabric you are cutting into bits on a fusible webbing - Steam a Seam 2 or such and cut these little snips of fabric- fuse it on and then quilt over it. Cindy has some lovely floral designs as well as landscapes. She has recreated Vincent Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" and "Starry Starry Night" with stunning effect. It is fun, reasonably quick to do and can be addictive - you'll want to make more than one:)
Regards from A Western Canadian Quilter, Anna

Fiona said...

What an excellent idea - so nice and scrappy but really effective.

Maria said...

fabolous, get rid of scraps in a marvelous way, congratulations to Pauline.

Anonymous said...

I really does look good and I'd like to add that this quilters internet extended family is just wonderful for filling the gaps. In an instant Tazzie you now have the book, title and a little about the technique just to wet our appetites and tease us into having a go ourselves. Thanks for the post.

Joyce said...

A friend of mine has done several quilts using the snippets method from the book mentioned by Anna. They were wonderful too.

Rose Johnston said...

Oh that looks great Tazzie!!! Great use of scraps....theres an award on my blog for u sweetie!!!
hugs xxx

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that is very fun! And you were so nice to stipple it for her! She is going to have one great xmas wall hanging!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Really nice... and I didn't think I would like snippets! You changed my mind.

btw, You've been tagged! Find out more at my blog: http://elsiequilts.blogspot.com/

Have fun with this, and my apologies if someone tagged you already!

elsie

KC Quilter said...

Love the Snippets wreath! My guild's sewing bee actually made some fall ones a few years back and I never got around to stippling mine!!!! Thanks for the memory jog.

Knitted Gems said...

What a pretty quilt! It's just perfect for this time of year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails