Thursday, November 08, 2007

Shopping shame ...

Today is one of my favourite days of the year. It's the first day of the Craft and Quilt fair here in Adelaide, and the fair encompasses the Quilters Guild of South Australia exhibition.

I was lucky enough to be asked to demonstrate for the guild again this year, so of course I happily accepted - I get to work on a quilt within the show, and catch up with all my buddies, and after my duties are done I can prowl around in the vendor area.

For some reason this year, I just couldn't get into the shopping mode - odd for me, I know. All I purchased was the 'Better Homes and Gardens magazine' bag (which is filled with goodies and issues of the magazine), and one ball of 'online' sock wool. I should have tried harder right? I think I was kind of tired. In the spirit of healthy stash enhancement (and you all know I need it) Mum called earlier this evening, and we've made plans to go again on the weekend.

Funny to think it was this time last year that I purchased my first ever ball of sock yarn - from the very same vendor. How much I've learned since then!

On a quilty note, here is a quilt I'm quilting on for Jenny C. It is incredibly cute. It's a Mum's Moment pattern - they have just lovely designs. And Jenny has made it up most beautifully.

I also quilted a sampler quilt on Tuesday for Maureen, but I forgot to take a picture to show you. It has been 'all quilting - all the time' here. But not so much for me.

Well, I better run - I need to get ready for a class I'm doing tomorrow. We're making Christmas projects. I'm glad to be something toward Christmas, this year I have not made anything at all yet, and it's the most disorganised I've ever been!

Ohhh, and I keep forgetting - an Anonymous Mary asked me a little while back about what machine I use for quilting, and whether I do it freehand. Mary - I just use my Bernina - I don't have the one with BSR or anything, it's just a regular Bernina. I rarely mark my quilts, and do most of my quilting freemotion. It's super fun, takes some practice, but it's so worth it. I'm learning all the time, and having a ball. Thank you so much for asking, and apologies for taking so long to get back to you :-)

Well, that's it from me - hope you're having a great week! x o x

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Sounds like you'll be having a good time and I'm glad someone asked the question about your quilting.

Freemotion? Your work is amazing and I never would have guessed that in a million years. Wow.

Well anyway, have a nice time. *karendianne.

Emma said...

At least you got there! We had several false starts, and had finally unloaded 4 generations from the car, along with wheelchair and pram, only to get called to collect my son from childcare! We're tying again on Sunday; fingers crossed!

Kim said...

Sounds like you've been awfully busy, Tazzie! But I'm worried about you and the fabric stash thing--maybe you need to see a doctor. Do you have a fever?! ROFLOL!

Angie said...

Tazzie, you are just the sweetest person, do you know that? :D I bet you'll get your shopping mojo back for the weekend with your Mum. :) That quilt that you are quilting is the cutest thing! :D BTW, I'm a 'Tazzie Wannabe' home machine quilter. :D

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Tazzie, nothing like your favorite show rolling around; sorry about the shopping blackout lol. Your quilting is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails