Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Getting there ...

A photographer I am not. The colours in this picture look very washed out, but they're actually quite vibrant - you can see the colours a little better in the picture from the previous post.

All the blocks are now assembled, and I just need to complete the top and add the borders. Also, the additional yellow dots need to be appliqued down, and they'll end up the same size as the yellow dots in the flowers.

I am enjoying the simple piecing, and having fun with the bright colours - I'm usually a reproduction fabric kinda girl. I'll be indoors all day other than picking up the kids, so I should get the top finished by this evening.

The weather forecast says we're going to have this same HOT weather until Wednesday next week. By tomorrow it will be the longest hot spell in March in recorded history. So, to have 16 days of it, well, that's just unimaginable! Today is forecast at 36c which is around 97f. It's just so hard to imagine all the snow on the other side of the world ... I'd gladly trade for a few days :-)

10 comments:

Misty said...

Your quilt looks lovely! I especially like the color of the pink fabric you used for the flowers and squares.

97 degrees is hot but I'd still probably trade you. I can't tell you how tired I am of long underwear, wool coats, hats, scarves and gloves. Why can't we just mix some of our cold air with your hot air and then we'd all be much more comfortable!

Purple Pam said...

Another beautiful quilt! I like the blend of applique and piecing. Will you keep this one?

Hedgehog said...

Not your normal colors! Looks lovely, though. I send some yucky freezing rain your way if you'd like, although I'm not sure I'd like 36C in return...

Melanie said...

I love the quilt blocks. Sounds like Popsicle weather to me....

Rose Johnston said...

Oh Tazzie it looks fantastic!!! Another winner for you...well done!!
Hugs xxx

loulee said...

Beautiful, I love the vibrant colours.

Ms. Jan said...

This quilt really sings! Our autumns are always hotter than our summers and when winter comes, we are really ready for it. I hope the cool down comes soon...

jovaliquilts said...

What a cute, fun quilt! I love having both the circles and the squares. Really lovely for springtime (which I am definitely ready for!). I looked on the website, but don't think you can subscribe to Australian Patchwork and Quilting in this part of the world -- except through amazon at $16 an issue!

Unknown said...

Love your new quilt, Tazzie, So different and Spring like. That's what we're looking for right now. No snow here.

Mary Johnson said...

I can't believe it's been so long since I've visited you. The quilting on the scrap quilt and your feathers look great. This quilt looks just like spring too - beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails