Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pictures

Taxes are done, so I can strike that off the list. Sadly Marty ended up with a huuuge tax bill, but we'll just deal with it and move on. Next year is a new year, right?

I wanted to share a couple of pictures from our trip with you. First up, while the guys and the kids were down in the cave, Petrina and I were safely up on the top of the earth's crust, busying ourself with a camp fire, and making damper for the hungry hordes beneath the earth. Marty wanted a picture, so here I am displaying our culinary triumph. Note the stringy hair, lack of make-up and grubby clothes. I suspect this is the first and last time I'll be sharing such a shocking image of myself with you *lol*.

And here are my not so tiny babies at one of the abandoned homes on the property. There are quite a number of old crumbling homes, they really make you think about the harsh climate and barren landscape, and how tough life must have been for the settlers here.

Nothing crafty to share today - I did manage to finish knitting Marty's black mitts earlier, but because they're black, I just couldn't get a good picture ... trust me, they're utterly darling!

I'll check in soon, with some quilty content I hope :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee it's been a long time since I've visited you. Had to look way down to see what you have been doing.
What a fun vacation your family had exploring caves.
Love the Evergreen trees. and you're coming to our shores again. What a great time you will have particullary getting to visit that great quilt show. Keep up the good work Tazzie.

keryn said...

I miss camping, especially northern South Australia. And Yalpara is a gorgeous spot.

However, I never managed to look half as glamorous as you look. And I never cooked anything that looked as good as your damper either. Eveything I took out of the campfire was black! I hope the damper was appreciated by the troops.

Sara said...

Love the pics! They are great! Sounds like you had a great time and really enjoyed yourself.

Michele said...

You look pretty fab to me! Probably because of that giant smile! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Susan said...

You look like someone who is having a great time! What an interesting spot. I loved the pictures of the caves, too. Those stalactites are really fat ones!

ForestJane said...

Damper? Sounds like something you become on a rainy day, not something you eat... :D

Seriously, what is it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails