Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quilts for Bushfire affected families

Hi everyone, I was contacted recently by Jill in MT asking me about sending a donation quilt for people affected by the bushfires in Victoria, Australia.

I have made enquiries with the ladies from Southern Cross Quilters, and have been given an address of a member in Victoria that donation quilts may be sent to. If you feel you would like to donate a quilt, please contact me and I will forward the address to you.

It just warms my heart that so many people from all over the world are rallying together to support the people affected by these terrible events.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Am saddened by all the fires in Australia. What a terrible thing.

I have been reading your blog and just stopped in to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Jan Mac said...

I have set up a blog for people to see the donated quilts for the Victorian bushfire victims at http://ozcomfortquilts.blogspot.com
I am collecting and making quilts for this project and have included a tutorial for QAYG blocks for people to make and donate. Hope this is OK to mention here. Hugs Jan Mac
See you at the Adelaide Retreat.

Unknown said...

Very sad and tragic situation right now in Australia.

My first visit to your blog and I really like your work. Your post dated Feb 07, gave a very good idea of 'how' to finish an UFO.
Thanks for the inspiration
Gina
http://gina-catswhiskers.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails