Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hungry Caterpillar

I finished quilting on a top this afternoon, so as a reward, I started work on Cameron's 'Hungry Caterpillar' quilt. I purchased a kit last year from Fons and Porter and picked it up while I was in the USA - I don't think there are any more kits available as I can't find a link, but if you look here, you'll find the pattern.

I still have to add the outside border which has all the cupcakes and other foods, but I'll do that tomorrow as I would like to pin another quilt before I head to bed tonite.

Cameron was very excited to see the quilt taking shape, and told me that he was 'dying' to have it. His actual words :-)

I have lots of sewing planned for this weekend and the upcoming week. One of the things on my schedule is to quilt my 'Dogtooth Violet - or - Purple Stars' top. I'm really looking forward to that, and have found the most lovely variegated purple thread. A few people asked a little while back how I plan to quilt it - I'm thinking at this stage I'll use an all-over pattern, and probably my safe fall-back pattern, the peacock feathers. I'm a bit of a two-trick pony when it comes to machine quilting, but I'm getting better at it :-)

Be sure to have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

nannergirl said...

Oooo I love this quilt! I remember when you first posted the fabric. Looks great!

Susan said...

Looks like you are moving along at a rapid pace now that your machines are on the mend.

Julie said...

How nice to have someone that is so excited about getting their quilt. I love the Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Karen said...

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is really cute. Reminds me of reading the story to my daughters. It should make you feel really good inside, that you are making something special for your someone special! You will recieve "warm fuzzies" when you give Cameron his quilt! (Maybe some wet kisses too!) ;o)

Elsie Montgomery said...

Kids give the truest statements of how they feel -- so you were given the highest compliment! Can't say that I blame him. That is a colorful, kid-perfect quilt!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

How great is that. He will be able to snuggle up in his quilt and read the book " Hungry Caterpillar" too. Looks great

Lynn said...

That's beautiful! I am feeling major mommy guilt for not buying a kit when it first came out...I really wanted it, but my son wouldn't sit still for the board book at all, so I thought it was silly to buy it. Now he's decided he likes it. Guess I'll be hunting for a kit afterall! I didn't realize the border had the muffin, watermelon, sausage, etc. That is his favorite page.

Anonymous said...

I just got the kit out last night to start on it--my daughter is having her baby in July and already has TWO copies of the book! I had forgotten how really cute the whole thing is. Hope your child will enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails