Thursday, October 29, 2009

Can't Wait!

I can't wait for the Christmas Pageant this year. Here in Adelaide it's the time when hard core Christmas fans can officially begin decorating for the season.

Of course, lots of people wait until the actual month of December to roll around, but I love it and just can't wait that long :-)

And this year is no exception. I'm ready to begin decorating NOW! I wonder if it's inspired because some of our local stores started putting out their decorations last month. September for goodness sake. That's too early, even for me.

Anyways, I just had to share my most recent Christmas purchases. I've been looking for some Nutcracker dolls for a little while now, and I happened upon these ones yesterday. The one in back is 20 inches tall, and the three in front are 15 inches tall. I just love them, and had to bring them home with me. There were some other ones, but tried my best to show a little restraint and only bought the four. Now I just need to wait ...

7 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Christmas is coming! Those are really pretty, Tazzie.

jovaliquilts said...

I love all the holiday stuff, too -- but I can wait until Halloween is over! Guess maybe Halloween isn't such a big deal in Australia?

Janine said...

i think jenny's quilt is a "piece o cake" pattern. inspirational!!

Kim Brackett said...

Christmas? Did we have summer already? I must have missed it. :) I love your Nutcracker dolls. Very pretty!

Gari in AL said...

Here in the US we have to go through Halloween and Thanksgiving before we can begin decorating for Christmas (except the stores, of course). But I have been getting in the Christmas spirit by making Christmas gift quilts. I also have placemats planned and the fabric chosen so I am playing with Christmas even though the ornaments are still packed away.

AnnieO said...

I love decorating for fall almost as much as for Christmas, but you have your seasons opposite so there is no chance of that, LOL! I'm coming to Australia in a couple of weeks and it will be odd to have Spring and Christmas mixed together :) Love your nutcrackers==nice and tall ones, too.

Christy said...

sooooooo....for the non-Aussies....when is the Christmas Pageant?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails