Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tumblers

Last night I finished up quilting on a really big project, so today I've been feeling like a little bit of a weight has been lifted. Faced with some free time this afternoon, I wanted to sew on something mindless.

Rummaging around in my 'project' boxes, I found some tumblers I'd cut a while back. They're awfully cute, so I cut some more from my 3.5" scrap strips, and started piecing them together. Loving it! I think this can be a new leader and ender project. I'm growing a little tired of nine patches and similar things.

I have used the EZ Quilting tumbler template. I own quite a few of their shapes now. At first, I found the template slipped around a bit, so I put some clear grip on the back, and it stays in place like a dream. On the template, two of the corners are notched so that the shapes line up neatly - I love that! Makes piecing so much easier.

I'm going to do some chores now - I'm feeling like doing a little Flyladying, and when that urge hits me, it's really a good idea not to ignore it ... so ttfn :-)

8 comments:

Nana Time said...

Cute! thanks for telling the info about the templates!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That's going to be a beauty! It's a pattern that's on my to-do list....along with several others ;o)

onlymehere said...

I haven't attempted tumblers bz they just look so darn hard! I love the pattern though so it's interesting to watch it progress.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Leader-enders... good idea! This week was flylady week for me too, and it feels good to get messes into some resemblance of order!

blessings!

AnnieO said...

I love that! I just made a little tumbler tabletopper from some charm squares--Halloween prints--and backed it with some strips of fall fabrics for a two sided quilt. I love tumblers and want to make a scrappy one like you are. I used a different brand of acrylic template but the same size. Enjoy!
anniesquiltorts.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I just love the tumbler block. I have my top finished, just needs to be quilted! :0)

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Great tumbler block quilt! Thanks for the link to the template site - I have often looked at the same templates in the shops but unsure if it was a good size to buy... now I'll be buying it for sure, I love anything you can cut from strips!

Lissa Jane said...

I did a tumbler (queen size) in civil war / 19th century as a leader ender too.. I have pics on my blog if you are interested.. Its my favourite quilt (at the moment)


take care


Lissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails