Saturday, April 03, 2010

Busy Quilter = Neglectful Blogger

I've been so busy getting ready for my trip to the USA, that I have become a very neglectful blogger of late. You can expect more of the same, probably until the end of April when I get home I'm afraid. I leave on Friday, and while I'm away, I'm not sure of the opportunities I'll have to get on line.

But in the meantime, here are a couple of the things I've been working on:

I've bordered, quilted and bound all the fruit blocks. I'll hand sew the binding down as I have the chance. I really like these little blocks, and I'm so glad I purchased the patterns last time I was in the USA.

And right now I'm quilting on that scrap quilt I made a little while back. I hope to have it finished tonight, and then I can sew on the binding. If I'm a really clever girl, I may have it photographed before I go, so I can work on the pattern in my spare moments :-) It could happen! It's my plan to make another of these quilts, this time in a bright colourway. This one used such a good deal of my 2" scraps that I'm inspired to work on it again.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, I hope you're all having a lovely time with your families and the people most important to you. This is the start of my children's school holidays, and we're spending some quality time together, as I know I'm going to miss Marty and the kids while I'm gone. They will probably cope a good deal better than I will.

Chatter soon. xox

6 comments:

Susan said...

Scrap quilts are my favorite and from what I can see yours is lovely.

I hope you have safe travels and enjoy your time in the states.

Latane Barton said...

Safe journey.... and yes, children always function better than we Moms do. Why I do not know!! (grin)

loulee said...

Enjoy your trip.

John'aLee said...

I love your fruit blocks! Have a wonderful trip to the goo ole USA!

Karen said...

Lovely fruit blocks!

Melanie said...

Sounds like you did your part to keep the economy going!!!! Glad you made it home safe and sound....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails