Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm home, and my bags are bursting!

I'm home! Have you missed me? Don't feel the need to answer that :-) I'm sure you all thought my blog had been abandoned!

I have been busy shopping, travelling, and spending time with my wonderful friends in the USA. Now that I'm back home I need a few days to return my body clock to normal, unpack my many bags, and float back to earth. I promise I'll share many pictures of my adventures.

In the meantime, I just thought I'd share a quick picture of some of my fabric haul that I've unpacked and folded ready to put away. My goodness I purchased a lot. I also have three parcels being shipped home to me.

I found some conversationals so I can finish my Turning 40 quilt. (Will have to be renamed 'Turned 40'). Lots of nice yellow and cheddar fabrics for the Nearly Insane quilt, and many other 'just because' fabrics. Lots of fun!

I also have lots of books and magazines to find homes for. And many items of clothing, and of course four pairs of shoes. Well, I better get back to my unpacking and sorting. I promise to check back in soon! xox

16 comments:

Clare said...

Glad you had a great time. I gather you met up with Cheri.

Hugs
xxx

sewprimitive karen said...

Great fabrics. Hope you show your new shoes :-).

PatchworkRose said...

Fabrics look gorgeous :-)
Glad you had a wonderful time. Interested in seeing your book purchases.
Cheers
Lynne

mereth said...

Only four pairs of shoes? You were being restrained, weren't you? But the fabric, mmmmmm. Can we say "Yum!"? You'll have so much fun when those other parcels get here.
Glad you had a lovely time, but it's really nice to have you back.

Connie said...

Sound like you had a wonderful time! your fabric are beautiful, is making for pretty quilts..... Have a great day!

AnnieO said...

Seems you made the most of your trip to the US of A! Yummy fabrics there, lots to play with in the future.

onlymehere said...

Yes, you have been missed! I'm glad you're home safe and sound with all that gorgeous fabric! I can't believe there are more parcels coming! You must be in heaven right now!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a lovely collection of fabrics...I bet you got some creative plans for them.

quiltygal said...

Welcome back...we did miss you looks as if you had a GREAT time !!Love Love Love those chedder fabrics....canr wait to see what you produce with all your srash...

tami said...

Oh my what a yummy pile of fabric. Glad you had such a good time and can't wait to see all the pictures of your adventures.

Mary Johnson said...

You must have had to have an extra suitcase to get all your loot home. Sounds like you had fun.

YankeeQuilter said...

I sat with an Austrailian quilter in class at Paducah and she was overwhelmed by the fabric choices and lower prices...see you were able to meet the challenge! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Everything looks gorgeous! If you can't find room in your house for all that stuff, I might be willing to help you out. LOL

Wendy said...

Welcome home, looks like a very productive trip with lots of yummy fabrics to show for it.

Diane said...

Yes you were missed! Glad you had a great time and can't wait to see all of your goodies.

Jeanne said...

Those goodies are right up my alley! Glad you had a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails