Thursday, June 30, 2011

Busy ... busy ... busy!

I've been such an absent blogger of late - two reasons really. Firstly - life has been crazy busy lately, and secondly - when I do have a few quiet moments, I've been collapsing on the couch and not really feeling like blogging. I'm sure this will pass, and I'll be back to more regular posts before long :-)

Of course I'm still hand quilting away on my Nearly Insane quilt - I think I've done around 40 blocks or so now - I've actually lost count! I'm still loving it, and that's a good thing, because there is a LOT to go! I'm so pleased I purchased that extra thread a little while back, I'm definitely going to need it.

Do you see the green masking tape on there? I'm using it to mark my shapes for quilting. I like the green painters tape better than the regular stuff - it just seems to stick better and for a little longer :-)

Also in recent news, my tiny man turned 9. Where did those years go?? We had his family party on the day of his birthday, the 20th, and his kiddy friend party on the 25th. Kids are such changeable creatures - first we were all go for a Lego party, and then a few weeks out he decided he'd rather do indoor rock climbing with his friends, so fortunately we were able to change plans to accommodate him.
Here he is half way up the wall (actually I think he's on the way down!). The kids scampered up the wall so easily - they had a great time. A lot of the Dads stayed too, and they had a blast once the kids had worn themselves out :-)

I love to have fun with the 'lolly bags' and here are this years efforts. Under the squishy monsters are milk shake cups filled with chocolates and treats.

And here they are all cello-wrapped up for a fun surprise :-)

The last picture for today is a nice treat that arrived this week - they're the latest thing that everyone is working on right now - paper piecing shapes from Patchwork with Busyfingers. I have no idea when I'll have a chance to play with them, but at least I'm ready!

Miss Amy is in the midst of exams right now, so think positive thoughts for her. She's chosen some tough subjects this year, and seems to be doing very well, really makes a parent proud :-)

Well, I better run - so much to do - chatter soon! xox

7 comments:

Sheila said...

i had been wondering how you were going with your Nearly Insane. Glad you are still enjoying it.

konferens bohuslän said...

Hey its a nice blog, and i really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for posting it...

Me and My Stitches said...

Every time I see your NI, I love it more - it is wonderful!

Monica said...

They grow up WAY too fast don't they? I wish I could have kept my son six forever. Now he's going on 25!

BTW, love the Nearly Insane quilt.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your NI is looking so good! I"ve used tape before for grid quilting but I've never seen it used for circles like that! How cool!

Leeanne said...

I find the paper piecing shapes great,especially with the template, makes for quick work.I am currently making a Dresden Plate quilt using Patchwork at Busy Fingers papers and templates.

Tracy said...

Very Cool Birthday Party, rock climbing... Yikes... I need to try that someday I bet my boys would love that! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails