Sunday, July 08, 2012

Hooray!!

As of four o'clock this afternoon, I have finished all the Farmers Wife Sampler blocks. All 111 of them! How very exciting!

As is my habit, I left the hardest one, 110 - Wood Lily, until last. Here are the final two blocks:

 Block 100 - Weathervane

Block 110 - Wood Lily

Block Total: 111

Because I've decided to make the quilt the twin size length, but with extra width so it's square, I will need to make up two extra blocks at some stage. I'll choose them when I'm assembling the top and see what fits colour and design wise.

I do kind of hope to get the top assembled before the end of the school holidays, but more importantly, I really do need to get up to date with my chores, and spend some q-time with Camo. I promised him I'd have a Lego building day with him this week :-) and they're lots of fun! So, if the top isn't complete, I won't beat myself up over it, I'm thrilled to have the blocks finished, and well ahead of when I thought I'd get them done! Chatter soon friends xox

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations!! You are amazing. Can't wait to see it put together. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vickie said...

woohoo Miss T..can hardly wait too see them all together, but I'll let you go play lego first hehehe, well done cheers Vickie

Spice said...

Congrats! That's a serious amount of blocks. I bet it's going to look awesome when it's completed!

Sheila said...

Yippee, A good idea to add the extra blocks, i do wish i had realised what an odd size the suggested setting makes, shorter and wider would have been much better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now onto the quilting...

Lynette said...

Woohoo!!! Party Time!! :D

Nancy said...

Bravo! It's time to celebrate.

Monica said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see your quilt when it's completed.

Kim West said...

Congrats!! It has been fun watching the blocks show up on your blog!

AnnieO said...

Congratulations! (trumpets blaring) Boy, that last one was a doozy. Looking forward to seeing how yours all come together in the top.

Enjoy your lego days--they end too soon (says the mum with an about to be 27 year old )

mereth said...

Oh, you must have so much more discipline than me! I keep jumping from one thing to another, which explains why I've finished nothing this year, sigh. It must be a great feeling to meet a goal like this, and I can hardly wait to see it all together. Send me some of your focussing ability, K?

Shay said...

Way to go Tazz! It's a pity some of your genius at putting together these blocks hasnt rubbed on to the rest of us !

Pip said...

Well done Tazzie, I didn't make much progress this weekend, but I'll be there soon. You need a bit of a break now, a Lego building day sounds like fun, can you make a Lego patchwork quilt?

Sue said...

Well done Tazzie. Isn't it great when you've set your mind to achieve something, it all comes together like a good plan :-)
Can't wait to set it sashed.
I love square quilts - plenty of quilt hanging over the sides of the bed!

Heather said...

Yay for you! What an encouragement to me as Marilyn, Maureen and I close in on the halfway point of our FW adventure. Seeing yours completed will be a great incentive for me to stick with it. Job well done, Tara!

Maddy said...

Congrats! Cant wait to see the assembled quilt, love the colours! I started mine in March/ April, and I am up to number 75!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails