Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I thought it would happen ... and it did ...

I just don't know what to do with myself ...

It's most likely 'Post Billings Blues' - I was warned and I knew. I've experienced similar afflictions before, and I will again. I know it hasn't been long ... but I'm just not one to sit around doing very little!

Is it possible that the projects I can jump right into are just not that appealing anymore? What's not to love about my hexagon projects ... or getting back to the Civil War Crossings quilt top - it just needs to be pinned and quilted. Should I start something new?? I have an aviation themed project in mind for Camo, or a cute sewing machine cover that I pinned on Pinterest ... I even have three quilt tops basted ready to go ... blah!

Or much less interesting, I could do paperwork ... but naaahhhh ...

What to do???

8 comments:

Cille said...

Oh, definately not paper work! Instead give yourself a pad on the shoulder for an extra ordinary quilt. These does not come by very often, kick back with a good glass of wine and relax :) Soon enough hexagons will work their magic with you and pull you right into the next project.

lleblanc_nd said...

I've always wanted to make a sewing machine cover. Go for that one--quick results!

Happy Quilting!

Pip said...

I feel the same way when I finish a big project, I usually spend some time tidying up my work room, it's a good way to think about starting something new or maybe finding something and finishing it off, and at the end everything is nice and tidy for a while :)

Shay said...

Start something new- that’ll put the fire back in your belly! (and give us something stunning to look at too)

Andrea said...

Make yourself a nice bag or something - a new project but not a major start. Congrats on Mrs B by the way - beautiful x

Unknown said...

While sitting next to a friend at our morning quilting group, we were both stitching bindings to our quilts. Mine would be a gift for one of my grandsons, I asked my friend, who had put a lot of work into her quilt who she would be giving her quilt to, she said. "I have to love this quilt before I can let it go" then I will see if I can part with it.

pandchintz said...

Aaargh!! Been there...done that! Just ride it out - do what you want, even if that's nothing!!

PatchworkRose said...

open up those cupboards and fondle the stash. Guaranteed that magic aha moment will arrive in 5 minutes :-)
Just keep those fingers moving and the sewing machine fired up!
Cheers
Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails