Saturday, December 07, 2013

Binding, check!

In stolen moments during the week, I was able to stitch the binding in place on Tilly's quilt. It's awfully cute, and I'm still in absolute love with the quilting pattern Lizzy used.


On the back of the quilt, just for fun I used a cute fabric from my stash. It doesn't really match the front of the quilt at all, but I do love a little whimsy. All that remains of the piggy fabric now are the off-cuts from the backing, so I'll cut the bits down and get them into the scrap boxes asap. You'll be seeing little white and brown piggies in scrap quilts of the future :-)

This quilt was made entirely from fabrics I've had on hand for a little while. It almost feels like a free quilt when you don't have to head to the store for any of the elements of the quilt - and believe me, that doesn't happen too often for me!

Thursday after work, I had to head to the store for a few bits and pieces for the guild meeting on Thursday evening. As is my habit, I headed into one of my favourite discount stores ... they often have Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and I always seem to sniff them out ... but this time they had the most adorable Nutcracker people as well, so I had to bring one home with me ...

This time I got the one at the back on the right with the red crown. He's super glittery, love it! I'm getting quite a collection of them now ... but let's face it ... a girl can never have too many!

Chatter soon :-)

4 comments:

loulee said...

Every time I see nut crackers I think of you.
The quilt is very pretty and sure to be loved.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I only have two nutcrackers I don't know why I never collected up more I do love them.

Nancy said...

Such fun to find a treasure when you least expect it. I hope you found the peanut butter cups, too.

debbie said...

Mmmm...I am from Texas, so Reeses were a part of my childhood. I've lived in Australia for 8 years and I can find them sometimes here too, but they have really shrunk in size and they cost a lot more!! I recently found a recipe to make them myself and it says it is ok to use dark chocolate. The thought of dark chocolate pb cups just melts me...Next time I go to the store, I will be ready to try making them. xx debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails