Monday, January 13, 2014

And I'm off ...

I've only done one thread of quilting on the Welsh Beauty wholecloth so far, but I'm in love! I'm going to enjoy working on this project.

One of the chief reasons I haven't done too much is because it's so darned hot! It was 42c (107.6f) here today, and that is just too warm to be sitting under a queen size quilt. We are expecting much of the same (and possibly warmer) for the rest of the week - please send cooling thoughts.

Alrighty, I'm going to thread up another needle and settle in for a little more quilting while I watch the Aussie open tennis this evening ... I just love this time of year!!

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will be beautiful when you get done, but yes that would be too hot for me too if I was quilting in a hoop - I guess that is why I love my frame so much.

Linda said...

Stay cool, babe! Whew, just hearing the temperature makes me too hot to think!
Lurking Linda

Laurie said...

How big will this be? It looks like you got the top pre-marked. Can you tell us where you got it from? It's gorgeous. A Welsh quilt is on my to-do list. I always thought I would mark my own, but now I'm questioning that. It looks wonderful! Enjoy the process.

Nancy said...

If I could, I would send some cooler temperatures your way because I am getting kind of tired of them.

Impera Magna said...

The longest journey begins with a single step... or a single threaded needle!

Wishing you fun on your adventure and much cooler temps!


Shay said...

I would think that you wont get much done this week with the heat ...I had the attention span of a gnat yesterday and that was just the start of the heatwave!

Find somewhere cool to relax, and just veg!

Noela said...

Definitely too hot to have a quilt over your knees. The hot weather is hitting every state this year it seems. Hope the weather cools down for you soon. Hugs.....

Missy Shay said...

One of these days I would like to do a whole cloth.

Sue said...

Looking good Tara. What coloured thread are you using? It looks blue but maybe just the quilting lines.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails