Monday, February 24, 2014

I've started Mountmellick, and I'm excited!!

I'm so excited, I've finally started working on the Di Ford BOM - doesn't it have the best name? Mountmellick ... sounds rather posh really :-)

It doesn't look like much yet, but I've made up all the templates I'll need for the moment and marked out the placement for the applique shapes. Now that I'm happy with the placement of these swags, I'll glue them in place and get ready for a little needle turn applique. I can't wait to get busy stitching.

Other than the border print, chintz and background fabric, it's my plan to pull all the fabrics for this project from my stash. Surely I should be able to get everything I need in there ... it's hard to believe I could possibly need anything else?!? Famous last words :-)

As promised, I'm checking back in with the results of the muffin baking over the weekend. I made up the Double Chocolate Banana muffins I found on Pinterest for the first time, and we really like them.



They're very like the Chocolate Banana Muffins I have made many times from Nigella's website, but the addition of cinnamon to the new recipe really made them sing. I only managed to get 12 muffins from the recipe, but maybe I used larger muffin liners than they did? I'll definitely be making them again :-)

Alrighty, I'm off to get busy on some applique ... hopefully I'll have some exciting progress to share with you soon :-)

PS: A big hello to Celia in England who's working on the BOM also. Thank you for your email - I couldn't reply to you personally as your profile email is set to no reply. How fun that you're working on Love Entwined too, that project is on my 'must make' list! xox

4 comments:

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your start on this new quilt...looks like so much fun, and you are starting with my favorite color so I know it will be a winner, LOL! Congrats on all the publicity Mrs. Billings is getting!

Heather said...

I too am working on the Di Ford mystery from my stash. It is fun pulling fabric for this one but I am struggling with a stripe. I think I may need to make one! Loving your start.

Shay said...

Looking forward to seeing this one come together Tazzie. Im sure its going to be stunningly beautiful!

Im not looking at your muffins - Im dieting...

Sheila said...

Looking good Tara, those blues are lovely and will go well with the chintz. It will be fun to see what you pull from your stash. Some of mine will be from stash and some will be the same as the original.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails